AND INTO THE FOREST I GO TO LOSE MY MIND AND FIND MY SOUL - john muir
Sept 22nd-Nov 10th Join us for an intimate and exciting 8 weeks of wildcrafting herbal medicine! We’ll meet every Sunday, 9:30-5pm in the South Tacoma area. The day will begin with grabbing a warm mug of tea and sitting down for a weekly chat/check-in. I’ll also be giving an overview of the day and a short talk about the body system we’ll be working with before carpooling to the plant location. We’ll do a short meditation, writing, or drawing exercise to connect with the plants and then continue with lunch, study, harvest, and processing. Afterward we’ll return to our central location to finish processing and answer any questions that have come to mind. Over the 8 weeks you’ll fill your home apothecary shelves with incredible remedies that really work along with yummy creations and recipes to add to your diet. Get ready for a life changing experience!
This program is open to all plant lovers from beginners to advanced levels. The only thing I ask is that you come prepared and ready for wherever the day will take us!
We will be covering:
· Herbal first aid and wildcrafting safety
· Botanical field study, identification, and sustainable/ethical wildcrafting
· Learn how to communicate with the plants intuitively
· Create a beautiful materia medica for you to pass down for generations
· Learn about how your body systems work with specific plants and why not all plants work for everyone
· We’ll fill your home apothecary with dozens of remedies that really work! Tinctures, elixirs, oil infusions, salves, infused honeys, herbal infusions, and more
· Learn all different ways to incorporate herbs into your diet as well. We’ll be making lots of yummy treats to take home!
· Natural body care such as luxurious lotions, toners, body scrubs, serums, and bath soaks. We’ll even make natural deodorant and tooth powder!
· (Spring/Summer) For those interested in growing their own medicinal gardens we’ll be growing some fun plants that aren’t native to the PNW
Over and over, apprentices describe their experience as life altering and often find themselves on a new career or learning path with the plants at the heart of it!
Learning from Sara has been absolutely wonderful!
“She has a very serene spirit that instantly made me feel comfortable the moment I first met her. The knowledge she offers is an abundance of insightful lessons about every plant we seek, wildcraft, or stumble upon, how to harvest ethically and responsibly, and how to turn nature into medicine. The magic she produces are some of my favorite products and staples to keep on hand.”